We went to Maryland and moved the boat over into the work yard and had the bottom sanded. Then we painted the bottom. There was so much to do to get it ready for us to come back for good. We cleaned the inside, we took out two old broken A/C units, we painted the cubbies and cabinets, put down contact paper to make them pretty, repaired a leaky diesel tank, rubber coated the bottoms of both diesel tanks for protection so they don’t leak again, painted the transom, added the new name and home port, cleaned and waxed the topsides, put up a new bimini, and SO much more!
Before bottom paint
Nice new Bimini!
Sealing the diesel tanks.
Clean and ready for our return!
Taking out the 1st of 2 AC Units.
After bottom paint
Molly working on homeschool.
Cleaning the composting head…. YUCK! Poo Dirt!
It was 9 hard long days of work, but we got it done. Now we head home where we do some sewing projects, pack up the rest of our stuff, say goodbye, and head back for good!